Ferkakta Recipes

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Baked Corn

This was my Pennsylvania Dutch Grandma's recipe.

2 cans of corn, drained
4 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. flour
2 1/2 c. milk
2 Tbs. sugar
salt & pepper to taste
4 eggs, well beaten

Melt butter over medium heat.
Whisk in flour.
Add milk a little at a time, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
Stir in corn, sugar and seasonings.
Stir in beaten eggs.
Pour into buttered casserole dish.
Bake uncovered at 350 F until lightly browned and center is firm (35-40 minutes for shallow dish, 55-60 for deep dish).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! I'm going to try this for tomorrow night's Shabbat dinner :-)

I'll have to substitute soy milk for the milk, and margarine for butter because I want to serve it with a meat meal. I'll try and remember to let you know how it turned out.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lyana said...

Oh, good I hope you enjoy it! It should turn out just fine, but do let me know!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lyana, just wanted to tell you the baked corn (wth my above adjustments) was absolutely delicious. My kids even asked for seconds!

Thanks again for the recipe :-)

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyana - I (DWT) am digging through my recipes to help cook Thanksgiving this year, and am definitely going to do your baked corn again - probably 2 batches, one sweet, and one a bit more savory.

It was great last time, and I am sure it will be great again this year.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home